Hello and welcome!

Simple, wholesome recipes from family and friends, sprinkled with love on every bite.
Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so we can share!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Amazing Instant Mashed Potatoes

© Zigzagmtart | Dreamstime.com - 
Mashed Potatoes With Butter And Parsley Photo
This summer I attended a dinner and had the most delicious mashed potatoes. I asked how they were made and to my surprise it was instant! However, they also added garlic powder, parsley and chicken broth! Ah-ha!  I discovered a similar recipe on Pinterest, so that's were I started. I bumped the recipe up by one quarter. You've just got to try these next time!

Serves 4-6

2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 1/2 cups potato flakes
4 TBSP butter
Pinch of dried parsley
Pinch of garlic powder
Pinch of onion powder
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of love

Heat the chicken broth, whipping cream and butter in a sauce pan. Do NOT bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Add potato flakes, stirring constantly until smooth. Add all seasonings. Stir until well blended. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. You can add to the amount of seasonings but you really should use all 4. This has no chicken, garlic or onion taste. Just an amazing flavor. Enjoy!