Hello and welcome!

Simple, wholesome recipes from family and friends, sprinkled with love on every bite.
Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so we can share!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Perfect Iced Tea

June is Iced Tea Month. This recipe is a combination of Grandma Hickman’s method of making delicious iced tea and my mom’s little touch of clove. I tweaked the procedure a bit. You know how you're supposed to add tea bags to the cold water and heat until water barely comes to a boil? Well, there's been a time or two when I let it come to a full boil which resulted in a bitter tea. I had an epiphany and came up with this recipe. 

Bring a small saucepan 2 - 3 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and quickly add 5 teabags. Let steep for about 10 minutes, then add ¾ to 1 cup of sugar. Optional: sprinkle ground clove. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Continue to steep until pan is cool.

Remove teabags. Pour into a 2 quart pitcher, fill with water and ice to the top.