Hello and welcome!

Simple, wholesome recipes from family and friends, sprinkled with love on every bite.
Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so we can share!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Betty's Pumpkin Bread

Isn't my oven pretty?
My husband kept asking why I hadn't baked anything in our new wall oven. I explained that I didn't want to get it dirty! But I had promised a friend that I would make Pumpkin Bread in honor of his mother, Betty Lyon, so it was time to try the new oven.

Mike, I tweaked your mom's recipe because I wanted to use the whole can of pumpkin instead of 1 cup. I also added some clove, ginger and a pinch of love! It was outstanding and the recipe will now go in our family collection! Next time you're in town I will make this for you!

Hugs,
Christie

3 cups flour
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp clove
1/4 tsp ginger
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1 cup oil
2/3 cup water
one 14-15 ounce can pumpkin (solid pack)
1 cup chopped walnuts
pinch of love

Combine all dry ingredients. Add eggs, oil, water and pumpkin, mix well. Add walnuts and love.
Grease and flour 2 medium bread pans. Bake  at 350 for at least 1 hour. Check center with toothpick; if it's not done then continue baking for 5 or 10 more minutes.
Cool pans on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pans and continue cooling on racks.