Hello and welcome!

Simple, wholesome recipes from family and friends, sprinkled with love on every bite.
Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so we can share!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In Hot Water

About a year ago I started drinking hot water like Gramsy used to. I don't know what made me try it but I love it! I've found that it takes the place of drinks with calories during the day, it keeps me warm and it tastes better than cold water. I Googled this phenomenon and found that it's actually the temperature of the water that changes my taste buds. Like, when I was pregnant, the only way I could drink milk was on ice. This week a guest on the Ellen DeGeneres show  suggested that we should start our day with a cup of hot water instead of coffee, tea, or juice. In his book, The Guru In You, Yogi Camerson Alborzian said we should be kind to our body and wake up slowly, instead of jolting it with caffeine or sugar. You should try a cup and let me know what you think.